Forgotten your Nokia N900 Security Code? Its a bitch. If are geek enough and choose not to go to Nokia Service Centre, you can try the following:
1. Go to your Application Manager, and search for “OpenSSH Client And Server”. Install.
2. Set your rootpassword to something simple, ex: “abcde”
3. Download a file “a.out” from HERE.
5. Look for your Nokia N900 IP address (LAN). You can go the xTerminal and type: ifconfig (make sure you : “sudo gainroot” 1st!), then look for “inet addr:”
*If you find it troublesome, you can download a IP widget from App Manager to show your current IP on your Maemo desktop.
6. Secure Remote from you computer to your Nokia N900 via the ssh browser which you just download:
go for: root@youripaddress
password: “yourpassword” or abcde if you followed the earlier instruction. Leave the Port to 22.
7. Navigate further to: /usr/bin/
8. Drag and drop the “a.out” file into the /usr/bin/ folder
9. After you drop the file into in, right click, change the permission. I will show you on the below screenshot:
*Remember to “select” all the “X”. This means you are giving access to owner, group and others.
10. After doing so, proceed to your Nokia N900,select xTerminal again.
11. Type: “run-standalone.sh a.out”
*You should see the below screenshot:
Bingo, now go to “Settings”, select “Device lock” and change your Security Code from there.